Between not finishing my novels, being a lawyer on a Star Trek simulation, not doing homework and kvetching about the treatment Helen Thomas received (yes, I am still angry about it and no, I will not let it go) I don’t always have time to cook up carrot ginger soup or some other wonderful vegetarian meal so I like to turn to some quick and easy and still delicious vegetarian pre-cooked meals. Here are some of my favorite:
- Tofurky Vegan Loaf: A lovely tofurky loaf stuffed with fantastic stuffing and with its own mushroom gravy this is the complete package for a not just vegetarian but also vegan dinner. From Pangea Vegan Products.
- Annie’s Certified Organic All Stars: Delicious stars of David in red sauce, Annie’s has once again produced a delicious lunch product.
- Annie’s P’sghetti Loops with Soy Meatballs: If you’ve got a slightly bigger appetite then just the “All Stars” I’d recommend these. The soy “meat”balls are really delicious and even my anti-soy friends are big fans of these.
- Quorn Chik’n Nuggets: I’ve written about these before and my loving words still stand today. A lunch standard for the past few years (I think that I’ve eaten at least one box every school week for the past year and a half) this is one of my favorite microwavable foods ever. I love Quorn!
- Amy’s Vegetable Pot Pie: Sometimes it’s nice to be able to unwrap a block of ice, toss it into a preheated oven (we’re living in the 1940s and still don’t have a microwave) and pull out a piping hot, delicious vegetarian pot pie. Amy’s is a bit pricey (as most delicious things are) but well worth it.
- Amy’s Rice Mac & Cheese: When I’m feeling classy but not too classy there’s nothing I like better then orange cheese on macaroni noodles. And once again Amy’s satisfies. Yum.
And of course, if you’re feeling a bit ambitious but still crunched for time make some English muffin pizzas and put some sliced tofurky on it (I’d recommend putting it between the sauce and cheese to stop it from crisping). Tasty, low maintenance and you’re still getting your protein.